The newest building on the campus of the former ADGB Trade Union School offers in its large, transparent rooms a modern and detailed permanent exhibition that informs about the history of construction and use of the Bauhaus ensemble from its beginnings in 1928 to the present. In addition, the Bauhaus and the architects and students involved in the construction of the Trade Union School are presented and the topic of UNESCO World Heritage is highlighted. After all, the school has been a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 2017. The competent team of the visitor center will be available to answer questions and provide information about the exhibition and the historic buildings.
On the open house, there was a colorful program for young and old:
The trio Sho accompanied with swing and jazz music through the day, magic clown Zyxks moved with her magic arts over the area. Especially for children, a craft station was set up in the Visitor Center Bernau.
For the last time, the photo exhibition Bauhaus Pur was open with artistic black-and-white photographs of international architectural modernism by Jean Molitor. It was be presented across the street in the teachers' residence at Hannes-Meyer-Campus 9, whose largely original rooms could be visited on the occasion.
There was also be plenty to eat: from burgers to bratwurst and from brownies, French coffee specialties to Italian ice creations from Schönow, there was something for everyone.